“How to Create a Self Hosted WordPress Blog” will explain on how to start a self hosted WordPress blog with step by step instructions. Starting a self-hosted blog is incredibly easy and simple; you don’t require any technical knowledge or technical background to create a blog. Blogging has become very popular over the years and demand for opening a blog is also increasing every year, with advancement of technology and software’s you can find many open source blogging software which can automatically create your self hosted blog instantly.
In this guide you can learn how you can develop and create a self-hosted WordPress blog from scratch to finish. This article will unlock the secret of starting a blog in easy steps.
- 1 How to Create a Self Hosted WordPress Blog – Opening a Blog
- 2 Step -1: Decide what to Blog about
- 3 Step -2: Choosing a Blogging Platform
- 4 Step -3: Choosing a Domain name
- 5 Step -4: Designing your Blog
- 6 You May Like This:
How to Create a Self Hosted WordPress Blog – Opening a Blog
The four steps to require Open a Blog:
|Step 1.||O||–Opting suitable Blog topic|
|Step 2.||P||–Picking right Blogging platform|
|Step 3.||E||–Electing a desire Domain name|
|Step 4.||N||–Need to design your Blog|
Step -1: Decide what to Blog about
Finding a Niche (Blogging topic) is the most essential part of creating a self-hosted blog, it’s the foundation on which the entire making of blog is dependable.
Blog provides an opportunity to establish you as a professional blogger, so it’s important to find topics that have long term potential and also have large number of interested followers or readers.
Key elements in finding a niche:
- Topic must be profitable – having potential to make money
- You should to be passionate about the topic
- Topic must have long term potential
- Topic must have large number of readers
You can choose any topic which may interest you.
Step -2: Choosing a Blogging Platform
Services or Software on which you can run your website or a blog.
Storage space provided to access your blog or other related data over the internet.
Company that provides storage space to host your blog related files or data which are accessible on the internet.
Types of Blogging Platform
There are two kinds of Web Hosting Providers or Blogging Platform Providers
Free Hosted – It provides free blogging platform like WordPress.com
Self Hosted – You have to pay for hosting
Free Hosted Blogging Platform
In this free blogging platform everything is ready and prepared, you are required to register free with them to open your blog instantly. For example: Its same as registering free for any free email provider were you are required to register free and your email account starts instantly.
The only advantage with free hosted blogging platform is that it’s free, but it has its own disadvantages. Individuals who are not interested in making career out of blogging and just wants to blog for fun then it’s more likely that they will go with free hosted blogging platform like wordpress.com.
Free Blogging Platform has its own cost – Free isn’t always free
- No independent Domain name (Site Name): Your domain name is clubbed with their name. For example: smoothincomecom.wordpress.com
- Restriction on income from Advertisement.
- Limited numbers of Blog Themes (Blog designs) are available.
- You don’t have the ownership of the blog.
- Blogging Host can stop their services any day.
- Host can show advertise or pop-up ad on your blog.
- Have limit on storage space and visitors.
Self- Hosted Blogging Platform
It may sound difficult but it’s incredibly easy and effortless to self-host or open your own blog.
- You can easily create and start your blog with one click installation from control panel of your web hosting service provider.
- You can choice from thousands of free themes (Blog designs) according to your blog needs.
- You can customize your blog and also extend the functionality of your blog by choosing from countless number of plugins, from analyzing to optimizing you can find plugins for every need.
- You can make smooth income with every advertising method possible. Your web hosting provider will have no restriction on advertisement.
- You have the ownership of your blog.
How to Create a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog – Bottom Line:
If you are serious about making massive amount of money without worrying about any restriction on your blog revenue, then you should create and open your own blog with self hosted blogging platform.
There are two types of WordPress Services:
1.WordPress.com: Free hosted blogging platform, were you can open your free Blog instantly.
2.WordPress.org: Self- Hosted, were you can download and install your blogging software. Once installed, your site will be ready and live. To avoid the hassle of downloading, uploading and installing software on your site name, almost every web hosting companies provides free installation of these blogging software from their control panel (Cpanel). Advantage of Self-Hosted Blog.
Smooth Income site is running on A2hosting and they provide option to install these blogging tools while the registration process itself. You can avoid the hassle of going through your Cpanel to install your WordPress.
Step -3: Choosing a Domain name
Domain name is use to identify a particular entity (like blog or a website) on the internet. If you have a blog then domain name is your address to locate your blog site. Domain name locates your blog related files or data which are stored with your hosting company on their server (high powered computer).
Key elements in finding a Domain name
- It should be related to your blog topic
- It should contain keywords which may define your blog topic or niche
- It should be memorable – easy to remember
- Avoid Numbers and Hyphens – Can enhance the chances of making mistake while typing
- Use suitable Domain name extension – like .info for informational site
You can go through below related articles:
Caution: Buyers Be Aware while searching for domain name
If you find your perfect domain name which is suitable according to your blog needs and also closely related to your Blog topic then you should buy it immediately without waiting to do it in near future. According to my experience before purchasing my domain name I searched the availability of the domain which was available on the day I searched but after couple of days it was on sale. There are many reasons behind it but the main reason is that there are individuals who can pay huge amount for unique domain because it can help them immensely in Google ranking, so if you find your perfect match then buy the domain name immediately.
Step -4: Designing your Blog
There are different ways in which you can design your blog when it comes to self-hosted blogging platform
- You can hire a web designer to develop your blog.
- You can use free themes from open source software like wordpress.org, which is provided free by your hosting company.
- You can use Premium themes.
Disadvantage of hiring a website designer
- You tend to create dependency on hired website designer, even for small changes or customization you will be depending on them.
- Cost of making a website will be much higher than other alternatives.
Free themes also have many disadvantages:
- Infrequent updates – which sometimes make it incompatible with recent updated wordpress software.
- Support – Lack backend support, as free theme designer have no obligation attached.
- Security Risk – May lack proper coding, which make the website to security threats.
- Essential functionality – Essential functionality may be missing from free theme as designers are not generating any income and they lack appropriate interest.
Bottom Line for Designing your Blog:
Best option to choose is Premium Theme. You can find many themes from which you can choose according to your blog niche (Topic). Premium themes are cheaper than hiring a designer. The entire disadvantages of free themes are covered well under premium theme. You can get superior professional premium theme at very affordable price with backend technical support. Support is very significant aspect in case you came across any particular concern in which you may require any technical support.
If you are a new blogger and don’t want to invest much initially than go for free themes available with open source blogging software like wordpress.org
The best option is to choose Premium theme if you can afford and free themes if you can’t. It’s always better to avoid the dependency on any other hired individual or agency for smooth running and managing of your blog.
If you are not sure from where you can buy Premium Themes then you can visit Smooth Income’s most recommended Thrive themes. It is most cost effective premium theme with lots of other benefits like you can make fully customize landing pages. Thrive themes are the most conversion focused themes which can help you to convert your visitors into subscribers.
You can go through below article on Premium WordPress Themes:
After reading this article you must be having fair idea on How to Open a Blog. You can visit content page to go through titles or heading to find your articles
You can go through more associated articles below.
How do you Set up a Blog site – With Pictures
How to Set up WordPress Site – Using Cpanel