How to point your domain name to your web hosting company will explain on how to configure domain name with web hosting elsewhere. Article will show you how to point a domain name to a website hosted elsewhere with step by step picture guide. Article is perfect for those who want to know how to connect domain name to hosting serve elsewhere.
- 1 How to configure Domain name with web hosting – Ways to Configure
- 2 Point your Domain Name to your Web Hosting Company – Things Needed to Start
- 3 Point your Domain Name to your Web Hosting Company – Step By Step Information
- 4 Point your Domain Name to your Web Hosting Company – Step By Step Picture Guide
- 5 You May Like This:
How to configure Domain name with web hosting – Ways to Configure
There are two ways to configure your domain name with your hosting company:
- Registering new domain name while setting up your blog site with hosting company. In this you are require to choose new domain name while registering with hosting account.
If you followed article: How do you set up a Blog site in Quick Steps then you probably signed up for hosting with A2 Hosting. In this case, you don’t need to point your domain name to your web hosting company as they are correctly set up by default.
- Registering your domain name and web hosting with different service providers.
In this article we will learning on point your domain name to your web hosting company which had been register with different service providers.
Point your Domain Name to your Web Hosting Company – Things Needed to Start
Before you can follow this tutorial you’ll require two things first to start.
- Domain Name Registration – You are needed to have domain name in order to point your domain name to web hosting company which is registered elsewhere.
Best and recommended Domain name provider – Click Here to Visit
Below article can guide you with registering with new domain name:
- Web Hosting Registration – You are needed to register with web hosting provider.
Best and recommended web hosting provider – Click Here to Visit
Below article can guide you with registering with new hosting provider:
Point your Domain Name to your Web Hosting Company – Step By Step Information
Your existing domain name will not display your new site until you change your name server wherever your domain is currently registered. Changing your name server will point your domain to the new site.
When you join a web host you typically receive a confirmation email which gives you login credentials like your username and password. In this welcome email, you should have also been sent the domain name server (DNS) addresses to use, usually these look like ns1.example.com & ns2.example.com
Assuming that you go with the recommended hosting provider – A2 Hosting
To change the name servers where your domain is currently registered, first note your new A2hosting name server information:
The next step once you have your name servers, you need to login to your domain name registrar admin panel. Select the domain name you want to set up and copy-paste the name server addresses into Domain Name Server (DNS) Setup area. The setup area can be labeled in different name like DNS, Name Servers, DNS Settings or Domain Name Servers.
Once the name servers have been updated, it can take some time to take effect. It generally can take 48-72 hours for the DNS to update. In some cases this change can happen in less than 2 hours due to modern technology, which can make the process much faster.
Point your Domain Name to your Web Hosting Company – Step By Step Picture Guide
Assuming that you will register a domain name with recommended domain name provider, below is the picture guide.
Click On Sign In to Continue
Enter your login credentials used at the time of domain name registration.
Click on Sign In to continue.
Click on Domains Manage button to continue.
Select and click on the domain name which you want to configure.
Click on Nameservers Manage button to continue.
- Click on Custom Button
- Enter your Namservers information on the given field
- Click on Save button
Once you’ve set and save your name servers, you’re done. It may take 48-72 hours for the DNS to update.