What does blog mean will explain the meaning the word “BLOG” and what does blog mean in computer terms. Get different explanation on what does blog stand for in computer terms.
A blog can be defined as a personal dairy on the internet of an individual or a company which is updated regularly in reverse chronological order with new information about particular topic.
- 1 What does the word blog mean – in Computer Terms
- 2 What does blogs mean – Google’s Definition
- 3 What does blog mean – Smooth Income’s Definition
- 4 What does a blog mean – Origin of the word
- 5 Unique Features – of the computer term BLOG
- 6 What does blog mean – Variations of the word BLOG
- 7 What does Blog mean – On Youtube
- 8 So, What does blog mean – Simple Definition
- 9 You May Like This:
What does the word blog mean – in Computer Terms
“A blog is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).” Source
“A weblog is a hierarchy of text, images, media objects and data, arranged chronologically, that can be viewed in an HTML browser.” Source
“A Web site on which someone writes about personal opinions, activities, and experiences” Source
“Short for Web log, a blog is a Web page that serves as a publicly accessible personal journal for an individual. Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.” Source
“A website, similar to an online journal, that includes chronological entries made by individuals. The word blog was derived from the combination of the word web and log. Blogs typically focus on a specific subject (Economy, entertainment news, etc.) and provide users with forums (or a comment area) to talk about each posting. Many people use blogs as they would a personal journal or diary.” Source
“A website where a person writes regularly about recent events or topics that interest them, usually with photos and links to other websites that they find interesting” Source
What does blogs mean – Google’s Definition
Below is the screenshot of Google search result, explanation on what does the word Blog Convey:
What does blog mean – Smooth Income’s Definition
Smooth Income’s Acrostic Explanation
The word “BLOG” means:
B – Broken from the word “web log”
L – Latest post appears first (reverse chronological order)
O – Online Personal dairy or Journal
G – Generally maintain by an individual or a company
What does a blog mean – Origin of the word
“Blog” is a shortened version of “weblog” or “web log”.
Jorn Barger: The term “WEBLOG” was given in 1997.
Peter Merholz: Not seriously had broken the word “Weblog” to “We Blog” in 1999.
Evan Williams: Soon after Evan used the word “BLOG” as both a noun and verb.
Unique Features – of the computer term BLOG
Interpretation of the computer term blog can’t be defined properly without knowing its unique features. Some people also compare blog with forum or social bookmark site, but there are many features which makes Blog unique:
1. Contents are updated regularly – Blog contents or blog articles are updated regularly and the creator of the blog is responsible for it. Articles can be updated by an individual himself or can outsource someone to do the job for him, in any case the blog contents is updated regularly with new information which make it unique.
2. Readers can leave their comments – Readers can leave their comments after every blog post.
A) Ask any question from author
B) Appreciate or dislike the article
C) Highlight any mistakes or changes
Readers feel themselves as a part of a blog and feel close to author/blog.
3. Articles or Post can be shared on Social Media – The power of social media can be use to market the online business and can generate more traffic, anyone can share a post they like. Blog have this unique feature were any particular post can be shared in any social media platform.
4. Author can interact with the readers – Author can communicate with their readers either in the form of interactive article or in the comment section, all within the blog itself. Author can also interact with their readers by having video or podcast within the blog.
5. Blog can contain links to article on other Websites – Blog can contain links to article on other blogs/website, author can use the feature to explain or suggest sometime.
What does blog mean – Variations of the word BLOG
There are two variation of the word term Blog
What does Blogger mean?
Blogger: Someone who writes content for a blog
What does Blogging mean?
Blogging: The act of writing a post or article for a blog
Blogger is an individual or a company who writes content for a Blog and their act of writing content in the form of article is called Blogging.
The article which written by the Blogger is called a Post.
Blogger can have an individual author or a group of authors.
Every skill to run and manage the Blog can also be called Blogging.
Skills should include:
1. Designing Website (Blog)
2. Maintaining Website (Paying for expenses involve)
2. Creating, Writing, Editing and Publishing Blog Post.
3. Updating Frequently
4. Promoting Website through Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing etc.
5. Making Smooth Income for the Blog through Ad Avenue etc.
What does Blog mean – On Youtube
So, What does blog mean – Simple Definition
A blog is an informal site or a journal on the internet having posts which is updated regularly in reverse serial order.
A blog is a place to share your thoughts along with your passion. Blog denotes an area to express yourself to the entire world. Genuinely, blog signify online dairy and journal but it can be anything you desire it to be. Blog topic can range from personal to social topics, or can focus on any particular topic like sports, fashion, entertainment, cooking, education etc.
How To Start a Blog – Real Blog Starter
How do you Set up a Blog site – With Pictures
How much does the Average Website Cost – Blog Setup Price
Low Cost Web Hosting – Complete Guide